Sometimes a snappy list is more effective than closely argued text. So this is why the very idea of restoring the death penalty is the purest load of old bollocks:
- The death penalty is not a deterrent. Look at America. I rest my case.
- Miscarriages of justice happen. Too many times to recount here. Google it.
- Wrongly executed people can’t be resuscitated. Do I need to explain?
- Whatever method you use, it’s barbaric. Including being “put to sleep” like a dog.
- Revenge is not justice.
- And even if it were (for the religious amongst us), it is mine, saith the Lord.
- Finally, all the people I know who support it are one or more of: under 14, rabidly right-wing, mentally challenged.
I think that about wraps it up.